With Thanksgiving around the corner, you might be wondering what your kid is feeling most thankful for in their lives. Is it you, their parents, who lovingly take care of them day in and day out? Or are they thankful for dinosaurs, mermaids, or fruit snacks?
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we asked the HuffPost parents community to share what their kids are thankful for, from the seriously sweet to the hilariously random. Happy Thanksgiving!
2. “We just did this with our 3-year-old for a preschool project. My favorite of his answers was that he was thankful for ‘wheels and tires.’ (He's obsessed with anything vehicle-related.)” -- Jenny Cruzen
4. “Our son is thankful for bears -- especially baby bears and panda bears. They are his favorite exhibit at the zoo. He is 2 1/2 years old.” -- Michael & Manuel
6. “My son, who's 8 years old, said he's thankful for have me as a mommy and his dad as a daddy, being born into this really nice family, for the baby in my tummy, and his sissy and two other siblings that are in heaven.” -- Rebecca Ann Creech
8. "My 2-year-old: Baby elephants." -- Shelley Waligorski Thomas
10. “My 2-year-old goes to preschool. At snack time they go around the table and ask each child who or what they are thankful for. Most children say mommy, daddy, siblings or pets -- but when they get to my son he thinks for a second and then points to himself and says, 'Me!'” -- Crista Whiteman
12. “My oldest said he is thankful for air, and my youngest said he is thankful for blimps.” -- Kierra Boyer
14. “We made a ‘Thankful Tree’ and wrote what we were thankful for on the leaves. My son is thankful for pants and jumping.” -- Nicki Otto Bell
16. “My daughter is so forever thankful for the existence of worms (I swear she's not deprived of anything).” -- Katie Gutman
Also on HuffPost: