It's easy to dwell on everything you've lost after divorce. Gone are the dreams you shared with your spouse for the future. For many, gone, too, is the financial security of a two-person household.
But what about all you've gained -- or eventually will gain -- from this new lease on life?
As a reminder that life can get better post-split, we asked HuffPost Divorce bloggers and readers on Facebook to answer a simple prompt: What's one thing you lost in your divorce -- and what's one thing you gained? See their inspiring answers below then share your response in the comments.
1. "I lost financially in my divorce. But I gained emotionally. I got myself back: My self-confidence, self-respect and a fresh start." -- Jenny Kanevsky
2. "I lost a house, a family member and so-called friends. I gained self-love, clarity and the ability to be me without having to walk on eggshells." -- Kara Rachelle Pickering
3. "I lost my first love in my divorce. I gained the chance for a forever love." -- Laura Lifshitz
5. "I lost family and friends who chose to judge rather than ask me why. I gained the benefit of knowing who truly supported and loved me unconditionally and the freedom to build my own version of a happy, healthy home for me and my kids." -- Tyler Wimberly Castleman
6. "I lost a financially comfortable lifestyle but I gained strength and insight into who I really am." -- Glory Walling St. Laurent
7. "I lost the security of being a traditional family unit in my divorce. But I gained independence, self-esteem and happiness in an unexpected way." -- Jackie Pilossoph
8. "I lost my boat, my truck and my home. I gained my beautiful, strong daughter." -- Paul Can'tu
9. "I lost my place at the table in my divorce. But I gained my place in the world. It wasn't until after I left, and was alone, on my own, that I stopped to think: Who am I? What was it I wanted to do with my life? What made me happy? That's when life started over and realized I had dreams and ambition. I could make my mark." --Marie Forster
11. "I lost the dream I had for the future, but I gained the realization of my purpose in life: helping people get the most out of their lives and careers. I know for certain, had I stayed married, my life now would be completely different." -- Honorée Corder
12. "I lost a lot of money but I gained my sanity." -- MaryAnn Lamb
13. "I lost my husband in my divorce. But I gained a friend, ally and co-parent." -- Pamela Smith
14. "I lost the constant condescension. I gained self-respect." -- Jenifer Lunde-Elder
16. "I lost my financial security. But I gained my independence and strength -- and lo and behold, the financial security came back, only this time I'm also happy. Life is good." -- Jess Nelson
More from HuffPost:
10 Quotes Every Newly Single Person Should Read
Keep in touch! Check out HuffPost Divorce on Facebook.