By Michelle Smith, Contributor
This year, most of us get three extra days to file our federal income tax. Since Emancipation Day falls on April 15, Tax Day 2016 has been pushed back to April 18, except if you live in Massachusetts and Maine where you'll be celebrating Patriots' Day that Monday; you have have until Tuesday, April 19 to file.
But no matter what the tax deadline is where you live, you can take advantage of many special tax season offers. With the help of BeFrugal.com and PromoCodeWatch, here are food freebies, last-minute tax filing deals and more for Tax Day, April 18.
Tax Day Food Deals
Don't spend more of your hard-earned money than you have to on food and drink. Instead, use these special offers to save money this Tax Day.
- Pieology: Sign up for the PieLife eClub by texting PIELIFE to 48307 and following the link. A coupon for 10 percent off your order on April 18 should be emailed to you shortly after you sign up.
- Outback Steakhouse: Receive 15 percent off your entire check with this coupon until April 18.
- Noah's Bagels: Take $1 off your order with this coupon until April 18.
- Chuck E. Cheese's: Get a free large cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza with this coupon on April 18.
- Pei Wei: Receive $5 off your order of $20 or more with this coupon until April 18.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Get one free Original Turkey Dog on a Stick on April 18. No purchase or proof of completed taxes necessary.
- California Tortilla: If you say the secret password "Tax Man" on April 18, you'll receive free chips and queso with your purchase.
- Papa Murphy's: Receive 50 percent off select items depending on location until April 29. Select your location on the website and then select Specials to see what is available.
- Buca di Beppo: Receive 18 percent off your meal until April 18 using this coupon.
- Bob Evans: Take 30 percent off your entire check April 18 only with this coupon.
- Carrabba's: Take 15 percent off your entire check with this coupon until April 29.
- Denny's: Take 15 percent off your entire check with this coupon until April 19.
- Chili's: Get a Presidente Margarita for $5 on April 18.
- Sonic: Get 50 percent off cheeseburgers on April 18.
- Bruegger's Bagels: Get a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40 on April 18 when you sign-up to receive this coupon.
- Noodles & Company: Now through April 18, get $4 off any online order of $10 or more with coupon code TAXDAY. Also, if you buy one entree at regular price, you can get a kid's meal for free. Both deals available at participating locations only.
- Sonny's BBQ: All day on April 18 get 50 percent off Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib Dinners.
- Kona Ice: Get a free cup of shaved ice and a Hawaiian lei on April 18. To find a truck near you, tweet your zip code to @KonaIce. No coupon required.
- Great American Cookies: Stop by a participating location and get a free chocolate chip cookie on Tax Day. No coupon required.
- Krystal: Use these printable coupons until April 24 to take advantage of these buy one, get one free biscuit and burger offers.
- Hard Rock Cafe: "Sing For Your Supper" on April 18 at participating Hard Rock Cafes. Just get on stage, sing a song and you'll earn a free Legendary Burger.
- Red Robin: On April 19, get a Ramen burger and bottomless fries for $0.22 if you are one of the first 22 students in the door with a valid student ID. Everyone else gets to enjoy a $2.22 discount. No coupon required.
- Boston Market: Get a Half Chicken Individual Meal with two sides, cornbread, fountain drink and a cookie for $10.40. The offer is only valid for in-store purchases on April 18. No coupon required.
- Arby's: Get two Arby's Gyros for $6 until April 30. No coupon required.
- Tony Roma's: On April 18, dine-in guests will receive a coupon for a free dessert valid at participating locations to use on their next visit. Members of the Tony Roma's Email Club will receive the coupon in their inbox prior to Tax Day, valid until April 29.
- Schlotzsky's: Get a free The Original Sandwich with the purchase of a 32 ounce drink and a bag of chips on April 18 at participating Schlotzsky's restaurants nationwide.
- Bananas: Get the The CPA Frostie, featuring fresh strawberries and bananas, with added Red Bull Yellow Edition, to help power through all the tax paperwork and preparation. Plus, if you can present a valid Certified Public Accountant license, you will receive The CPA on the house at participating locations. Both specials are available April 17 and April 18.
Tax Day Sales on Entertainment and Relaxation
Once your taxes are filed, it's time to treat yourself to a little entertainment. From movies to free massages, have some fun and relax on April 18 with these great deals.
- Zeel.com: Use code TAXDAY25 to receive $25 off any massage until April 18.
- Planet Fitness: Whether you're a member or not, you can get a free HydroMassage at any Planet Fitness location during tax week. Visit PlanetFitness.com to get your coupon on April 18. Must be 18 or older to redeem.
- Regal Entertainment: Get 25 percent off candy on Monday and 50 percent off popcorn on Tuesday if you join the Regal Crown Club. Paid admission is required.
- GameStop: Get 25 percent off pre-owned interactive gaming figurines if you order online by April 30.
- Best Buy: Shop the Tax Refund Event and save up to $20 on select video games, get $100 off Macbooks and much more until April 18.
Tax Day Discounts on Apparel and Beauty
If you already got your tax refund and plan to spoil yourself or your loved ones a little, shop smart with these special clothing and apparel sales.
- P.S. Kids: Use this printable coupon to save on in-store purchases. Get $10 off a $50 purchase, $15 off a $75 purchase or $25 off a $100 purchase until May 11.
- Reebok Outlet: Use this printable coupon to save $15 off a purchase of $75 or more until Dec. 31.
- Eddie Bauer: Use this printable coupon to save 15 percent off a $75 purchase until Aug. 31.
- Tilly's: Save 20 percent off one item with promo code 225152656900297820 until May 1.
Tax Day Home Sales and Hobby Promos
Get more done for less with these special offers for your home and hobbies.
- Handy.com: Use promo code GoBankingRates35 to treat yourself to two hours of cleaning service for only $35 if you live in select markets (New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Las Vegas). The discounted rate is available until Sept. 30.
- Groupon: Take advantage of the Max Your Tax Refund deal to get a Stamina InMotion Rower for $84.99. No expiration date known.
- F&D Defense: Get rebates up to $1000, a free handgun or free battlesights when you make a qualifying purchase until April 30.
- DDMWorks: Save 10 percent on most online items until April 30. No promo code is required.
Tax Filing Discounts and Business Deals
Here are some Tax Day deals to help you keep your business and finances in order -- from tax preparation to office supplies.
- 101 Inks: Get 10 percent off any order with code TAX10 until April 30.
- Shoplet: Get 15 percent off your purchase with promo code COUPONSHERPA15OFF until April 30.
- Liberty Tax: Use promo code CJLOL30 to save 30 percent off your tax filing services until April 30.
- H&R Block: If you file your taxes with H&R Block and use some or all of your refund to purchase gift cards from participating retailers, you'll get an extra 5 to 10 percent back. Gift card purchases must be made in $100 increments.
- Jackson Hewitt: Get $50 off your tax preparation with the printable coupon or present it on your phone until April 18.
- TaxSlayer: E-file with this company and you're automatically entered in the "30 Days of Tax Swag" contest, which could earn you hilarious prizes, such as a Thick Cut Bacon Buckle and a New York Style Pepperoni Pizza necklace.
- Staples: Bring your confidential documents in and get the first 5 pounds of paper shredded for free on April 18.
Now that you've filed your taxes -- and have maybe even gotten your tax refund back already -- reward yourself with a little something special. But remember to use the deals above and more to help you save money along the way.
Jamie Young contributed to the reporting for this article.
More from GOBankingRates: