Pierre-Paul, a defensive end for the New York Giants, had his right index finger amputated and lost the tip of his thumb after he lit a firework and it exploded last Independence Day. He also seriously damaged his middle finger.
After briefly recounting the incident in the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission PSA, posted Thursday, Pierre-Paul gets down to the advice.
"Keep fireworks away from kids," he says.
Then, in seconding the words of commission chair Elliot Kaye, Pierre-Paul says to leave professional fireworks to the fireworks professionals.
We hear you loud and clear, JPP.
H/T For The Win