When you're out shopping and you've got your eye on a new gorgeous garment, there are three little words that can shatter your style dreams right on the spot: "hand wash only."
Some of us reluctantly walk away from those cashmere tops and wool sweaters. Others ignore the warnings and risk destroying the item in the washing machine. A careful few even devote the extra time and money to professional dry cleaning, just to play it safe. Either way, there's always a cost and it often feels as if nobody really wins.
...Unless you have a salad spinner. People with salad spinners don't have to make any fashion compromises.
As the video above demonstrates, you can easily use a salad spinner to "hand wash" your delicates in minutes. It comes down to five basic steps:
- Soak your delicates in a half-filled salad spinner of soapy water.
- Place the lid on and give it a spin for a few minutes.
- Remove the lid, and pour out the dirty water.
- Pour clean water over the clothes and spin some more to rinse.
- Pour out the water and spin a final time to dry.
More home hacks from Oprah.com:
Also on HuffPost: