When was the last time that you were so engrossed in an activity or passionately at play that you forgot to eat? Maybe, say - when you were 10? Playing with your Ken and Barbie dolls?
While you are figuring out what your passion might be, here are some activities that will move you away from food thoughts and toward life! Let's get your 'upward' spiral in motion. Get the positive energy swirling.
First - Turn off the TV! According to a study from Eastern Washington University in Cheney, Washington, women who watched television for more than two hours a day suffered from higher rates of depression than those who used their time wisely, say by ... picking up a book!
1. Create a playlist for your i-Pod of mp3 or is it mp4?
2. Play games with your friends and relatives. Dominoes is big time fun!
3. Organize old photos.
4. Craft yourself silly.
5. Make a Mac & Cheese Altar to Our Lady of Weight Loss!
6. Take a walk.
7. Soak in a hot tub.
8. Visit a museum.
9. Do a crossword puzzle.
10. Learn a new language.
11. Take a dance class.
12. Write a weight loss haiku.
13. Learn something new.
14. Travel to a foreign land.
15. Make up a story.
17. Have sex (protected, legal, etc.!)
18. Lift weights.
20. Do Yoga.
21. Take a nap.
22. Call a friend.
23. Walk your dog; walk your neighbor's dog.
What might you do to start your upward spiral swirling happily into the living?
Spread the word ... NOT the icing!