There are a lot of IPAs -- that's India Pale Ale, for beer newbies -- out there. Booze lovers are drawn to the bold, deep flavors of the hoppy brews and brewers love making 'em. First We Feast recently compiled a list of the 30 great IPAs to drink before you die, with a little help from some serious beer experts.
Check out the first half of the list below, and click over to First We Feast to read the rest. Cheers!
The expert panel:
- Mike Lovullo, specialty brands manager for Union Beer Distributors
- Jimmy Carbone, owner of Jimmy's No. 43; host of Beer Sessions Radio; founder of the Good Beer Seal
- Julian Kurland, Beer Director, The Cannibal Beer & Butcher
- Samuel Merritt, founder of Civilization of Beer
- Greg Doroski, brewer at Greenport Harbor Brewing Co.
- Mary Izett, beer journalist and host of Fuhmentaboudit!
- Anthony Finley, beer server at Proletariat
- John Holl, beer journalist and author of The American Craft Beer Cookbook
- Chris Schonberger, editor-in-chief of First We Feast