As you prepare to transform your wardrobe to take on the cool, crisp air of autumn, don't forget about your beauty routine.
The Fall 2013 runways are a great source of inspiration for hair, makeup and nail looks. However, with outrageous styles like these stealing the spotlight, we know that it can be a bit hard to decipher what can actually work in the real world.
So we've rounded up six of this season's biggest runway beauty trends that are fashion-forward yet practical. Check them out below and tell us which ones you'll be wearing.
1. Big Hair, Don't Care. Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, and Diane Von Furstenberg showcased their luxe fall designs on models sporting larger-than-life hair. While these voluminous strands were exaggerated for the runway, you can easily recreate this look at home. Use hot rollers to enhance your natural texture, then gently tease with a hair brush and spritz on the extra hold hairspray.
2. Denim Eyes. This modern take on the classic smokey eye (as seen below at Thakoon) fuses rich shades of blue and purple with flecks of gold. To keep it 9-to-5 friendly, apply the indigo eyeshadow color close to your lash line and finish with a few coats of mascara on the top lashes.
3. Matte Manis. Take a cue from this black matte manicure spotted backstage at Karen Walker and dress up your fingertips in this season's hot nail polish trend. A smooth finish will look great against any nail color, from nude to obsidian.
4. Bushy Brows. Don't get us wrong. This isn't an excuse to give up eyebrow grooming. Instead, you should ease up on the excessive tweezing, threading and waxing to achieve face-framing bold brows. If you weren't born with naturally thick eyebrows like this Rag & Bone model, use a black-brown powder and angled brush to get the look.
5. The Low Pony. On bad hair days, you can always turn things around with a ponytail. And this close-to-the-nape cognac version we saw on Alexander Wang's fall runway is sophisticated yet edgy.
6. Chocolate Kisses. We are obsessed with the dark, stained lip colors models donned at 3.1 Phillip Lim's runway show. The reddish-brown hue looks amazing on every skin tone and pairs perfectly with fall's must-have accessory, the leather jacket.
More from the Fall 2013 runways:
New York Fashion Week Favorites: Fall 2013
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)
This story appears in special Labor Day issue of our weekly iPad magazine, Huffington, in the iTunes App store, available Friday, August 30.