Location: New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London and Sydney
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is looking for amazing Assignment Editors to assign stories, oversee news coverage, plan future coverage and help ensure quality across the site.
Requirements for Success:
* Love the news so much you follow it relentlessly
* Live for the thrill of being first to a story
* Have a nose for the little details that make a story sing
* Have the judgment to know when a story matters -- and when it doesn't
* Have a knack for brainstorming informative, interesting and fun story ideas
* Be able to learn from data
* Have at least five years experience in digital journalism
* Find a great story in all kinds of places: Twitter, a small blog, emerging platforms, or in the 10th paragraph of a newspaper article
* Be a joy to work with
* Have impeccable writing and editing skills
* Have a wide range of interests, from hard news to entertainment
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Assignment Editor" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.