I am interning at Salesforce this summer. How do I make the most of it? originally appeared on Quora - the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights.
- Contacts: While you're in the company, check out internal job postings and managers who are hiring. Schedule fifteen minute coffee meetings with them. It's ok if it doesn't work out, at least you made a contact.
- Showing your love for work: Bring your stuff to the table. If your manager is impressed, the chances of you ending up on the team is high. If not, she or he will help point you to the right team.
- Learn: Learn from coworkers. Learn from seniors. Attend internal learning sessions. Get a grip on what's going on around you.
- Company Resources: Use tools or take courses that are free for employees that would otherwise costs you a lot.
- Organize happy hours: These are great spots to talk to your coworkers to seek their advice.
- Lastly, Have fun at work: It's a great company to do internship. It adds a great deal to your resume.
This question originally appeared on Quora. - the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. More questions:
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.