What is all this Clean Eating talk really all about? Let's find out really quickly and easily! It is time for you to take the Clean Eating Quiz.
I want to show you how much you already know about Clean Eating. In fact, I bet you are already a master.
Pick the best example of how to serve eggs in a Clean Eating Breakfast?
- Nitrate bacon, factory egg and American cheese on an everything bagel
Choose which Clean Eating Breakfast would give you the most energy and nourishment?
- Lab-created Fruity Pebbles with factory farmed milk, served in a toxic plastic bowl
Pick the best Clean Eating Mid-morning Snack.
- Extra long cherry-twisted licorice sticks that get stuck to your teeth and all but ensure a cavity at your next dental appointment
Moving on to choosing a wise Clean Eating Lunch selection:
- Greasy chili cheese corn dog and fries that lived in a box for years
Which Clean Eating Lunch will keep you fresh and wide awake in the afternoon at the office?
- A giant pizza with all the terrible toppings, processed cheesy breadsticks and a giant diet soda
Mid-afternoon Clean Eating Snack choice -- which one would support you in being a clean eater?
- Celery, carrots dipped with chunky roasted red pepper hummus
Which one is the best Clean Eating Dinner choice?
- Nachos supreme from Taco Bell (ha)
Just to make sure make one more Clean Eating Dinner choice:
- Greasy double deep fried chicken and shipped in from the far east artichoke dip with fried pita squares
Ready for the Clean Eating Dessert Challenge?
- Fried Twinkies with 20-year shelf life -- covered in chocolate syrup with 10-year shelf life
- Fresh picked berries served over homemade whipped coconut cream and homemade melted dark chocolate swirl that melt in your mouth
Clean Eating Dessert Smoothie Debate -- your choice?
- High Fructose Corn Syrup, no fruit added and red food dye-infused smoothie served at your local fast food restaurant as their healthy dessert option
Was that so challenging?
I don't know about you, but I used to crave all those No. 1 advertised foods from grocery stores and restaurants that ship in the cheapest and "fakest food" possible. What are they thinking? Now my choices are so easy. Fresh tastes fabulous! Now my treat is eating fresh, organic, seasonal foods that are so easily digested. The other choices make me have painful bloating and gas. I also get itchy, moody and exhausted when I eat from the processed food isles of the grocery store.
While taking this quiz was it easy to determine which foods would fuel your body better? That will make you feel satisfied and full -- not sluggish and unproductive? I believe you were able to judge correctly for yourself!
So now that we have determined how smart you are -- what is next? How do we get the right food choices in front of you? Nowadays most people think cooking is throwing a prepackaged box of processed food in the microwave.
Instead, I want you to consider popping fresh, whole foods into the oven or better yet simply wash, peel and begin eating healthy foods.
Having healthy choices will get easier when you are able to get off the excess salt, processed sugar, manufactured fat, chemical preservatives, artificial food dyes and GMOs. It is time to start actually tasting food as it was intended for us to eat. Stick to fresh, seasonal, whole foods, that you have purchased from local farms as much as possible.
Don't know where to start? I encourage you to dedicate time once a week to preparing a healthy meal. Taste the difference. Then make it a goal to eat a healthy meal once a day. Experience the difference. See how quickly you will lose weight, feel lighter, sleep like a champ and ditch those embarrassing, gassy moments... trust me your partner and kids will thank you... and your co-workers will want to sit next to you!
I know you can do it! You just scored a 100 percent on the Clean Eating Quiz, right?
Thank you for taking the time to take the Clean Eating Quiz -- I knew you were a master!
Founder and Program Director of www.CleanEatingPrograms.com
Serving up Clean Eating Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks!