“To my former employer I would just say let me go,” she told ABC’s “Nightline” on Wednesday night. “Let me move on.”
She told ABC that she was “disappointed.”
“But if this is the way that it is, let’s just part ways cleanly,” Lahren said. “I just want to work and have the freedom to put my voice out there and I want to interact with my fans and my followers.”
“Nightline” reported that Lahren is being paid through September, when her contract with The Blaze is up, and has been locked out of her Facebook page by the network.
Lahren is suing for wrongful termination, and describes herself as having been “fired.”
The Blaze sent a statement on Lahren to the Dallas News:
“It is puzzling that an employee who remains under contract (and is still being paid) has sued us for being fired, especially when we continue to comply fully with the terms of our agreement with her.”
In addition, Beck has said that Lahren was not taken off the air for her pro-abortion rights comments.
“If you’re pro-choice, you can have a job at The Blaze,” he said on his show last month. “I don’t hire people who are sycophants or don’t have my opinion. I try to hire people who have a different opinion because I believe in being intellectually rigorous.”
But Lahren told “Nightline” she believes she’s been axed because of her views, and she seemed eager to get back to work... somewhere else.
“Something has been stripped from me, and that’s my ability to work, that’s my ability to have a voice,” she said. “That’s been taken from me, wrongfully. So I’m upset by it, I’m hurt by it, and I feel betrayed by it.”
“Nightline” said Lahren’s attorney sat in during in the interview.
Lahren also tweeted about the interview after it aired: