It’s Pride Month! Although Trump hasn’t officially declared it yet (sigh), we all know it’s that beautiful time of year where we celebrate the LGBTQ+ community, recognize the struggles they have gone through, and discuss the way toward further progress. Across the globe, June serves as a time to learn about and take pride in our diversity.
This year, Pride Month comes at a pretty sticky time. Despite major steps forward in recent years, prejudice against LGBTQ+ people has come into the limelight again with President Trump’s casual homophobia and transphobia.
Because of that, Outspeak wants to encourage everyone to join the discussion, to celebrate Pride Month with gusto, and to speak up about the way forward. Throughout June we will be focusing on content related to the LGBTQ+ community, and we are seeking video and article submissions.
If you currently have a video, or are interested in creating one related to Pride Month, send it to us via Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #PrideMonth. Or email your submissions to email@example.com.
Your video has the opportunity to be featured on Huffington Post’s massive social media pages, on Outspeak social media, and you have the chance to be featured in an article on HuffingtonPost.com. For an example of how these features look. Check out our recent #YourVoteYourVoice Election campaign.
Please keep the following in mind for your videos:
- Make sure you’re shooting in a well-lit, non-distracted environment.
- Keep the shots well-composed and in focus.
- Keep the video short. 1-2 minutes preferred.
- Keep the video focused on one theme. People will listen if you can speak focused and passionately.
- Take a unique approach. How is this personal to you? Why is this issue in particular something you’re passionate about?
- Do not use offensive or derogatory language. If used maliciously or recklessly, your video will not be considered for circulation.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a shout on Twitter.