If the sharp drop in the average price of a best-selling ebook last week was any indication the holiday shopping season (and its discounts) was upon us, this week's Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List appears to confirm it.
That figure stands at $5.61, slipping a few cents from $5.68 last week after hovering above the $7-mark in the weeks before.
This week's top-25 also showcase the persisting power of the series. Publishing books in series is a tactic as old as publishing itself, but the approach remains effective in the digital era, too.
That's good news for publishers still struggling to solve the discoverability challenges of a crowded ebook market. Eleven titles on this week's list belong in a series.
The top ten best-selling ebooks of the week ending December 6:
1. Gray Mountain: A Novel by John Grisham (Penguin Random House) -- $3.25
2. The Burning Room (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 19) by Michael Connelly (Hachette) -- $3.99
3. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
4. The Escape (John Puller Book 3) by David Baldacci (Hachette) -- $10.99
5. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
6. Hope to Die (Alex Cross Book 22) by James Patterson (Hachette) -- $9.99
7. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed (Penguin Random House) -- $3.99
8. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Simon & Schuster) -- $6.99
9. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $3.99
10. Captivated by You (Crossfire Book 4) by Sylvia Day (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.