A total of 500 pets found their forever homes during HLN's "The Big Rescue", a week long campaign dedicated to raising awareness of pet shelter causes and encouraging pet rescue adoptions.
During the week of Nov. 2, HLN's daytime program "The Daily Share" (M-F, 12 noon-1pm) and the acclaimed animal-centric website, The Dodo, partnered on "The Big Rescue", to share resources and information about shelters, rescue pets and celebrated the volunteers, doctors and workers who devote their lives to caring for them.
As a result, participating shelters and number of adoptions include:
• North Shore Animal League (Port Washington, NY) = 208 adoptions
• Atlanta Humane Society (Atlanta, GA) = 148 adoptions
• Best Friends (Los Angeles, CA) = 124 adoptions
• Atlanta Pet Rescue (Atlanta, GA) = 14 adoptions
• Adopt A Golden Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) = 6 adoptions
• Detroit Dog Rescue (St. Clair Shores, MI) = received more than $1,000 in donations as pets were not ready to be adopted yet
Several celebrity guests supported the cause and shared their own pet stores including Cesar Millan, (Dog Whisperer), Beth Stern (animal-rights supporter), Lisa Vanderpump (Vanderpump Rules), and comedian Lisa Lampanelli among others. For more, visit: http://www.hlntv.com/the-big-rescue.