This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- One year later, residents remembered the lasting impact of Hurricane Sandy.
- President Obama paid tribute to Hurricane Sandy victims.
- Severe flooding hit central Texas, which was responsible for at least two deaths.
- Two Austin firefighters rescued a dog from rising floodwaters in a touching photograph.
- Obama ordered federal agencies to take a proactive approach to climate change and revise programs and policies that might serve as barriers to climate adaptation.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather Photos 11/3/2013