On Sunday, the controversial comedian called in to Norm Macdonald’s YouTube show, “Quarantined with Norm Macdonald,” where she discussed her experience self-isolating at home in Hawaii … and floated a theory that COVID-19 is a conspiracy to wipe out baby boomers.
“You know I’m crazy so I’m speaking as a crazy woman now,” Barr, 67, prefaced her suspicions.
“I think we’re being forced to evolve,” she said. “You know what it is, Norm? I think they’re just trying to get rid of all my generation.”
It’s unclear to whom Barr was referring when she said “they’re” — in regards to who exactly is trying to get rid of her generation — but she continued: “The boomer ladies that, you know, that inherited their, you know, are widows. They inherited the money, so they got to go wherever the money is and figure out a way to get it from people.”
It’s also unclear from Barr’s tone how serious she was about her claims.
But Macdonald responded by saying: “There’s so many boomers that have money and do no work. So if you got them out of society, that would be a good thriller.”
The former “Roseanne” star — who was famously fired from her series’ revival in 2018 after publicly making racist comments — also spoke to Macdonald about a little hobby she’s indulging in while on lockdown: plotting her revenge “against Hollywood.”
“I’m devising the perfect lawsuit and I am so blessed to have that time and sit here and be able to compile my thoughts,” she said. “So I can figure out how to fuck over everybody in the fucking world over there.”
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- What to do if you can’t pay rent now
- How to switch off from work when home is your office
- 8 sleep tips if coronavirus anxiety is keeping you up at night
- How long does coronavirus live in the air?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.