“I’m not great but I’m not dying or anything,” Williams told The Daily Beast on Thursday. “I’m worried about myself and my family. My wife doesn’t want me to come back to the house right now. On lots of levels it’s concerning.”
Williams is self-isolating in a hotel in Washington while he recovers.
Williams was on vacation starting Nov. 18. He returned to the network’s Manhattan studio on Nov. 30 and appeared on set three times this week. He recorded Wednesday’s edition of the show alongside Jesse Watters and Greg Gutfeld. Thursday’s show was filmed remotely. Viewers were reportedly offered no explanation for the change.
“Since the start of the pandemic, Fox News Media has implemented strict company-wide protocols adhering to all CDC and state guidelines, including regular testing of all in-studio on-air personalities, mask mandates and daily health assessments for all employees entering the building,” the network told Mediaite.
- Which airlines are blocking out middle seats for holiday travel?
- How does the coronavirus spread differently than the flu?
- Can you close your COVID “bubble” without losing friends forever?
- Is it safe to see grandparents over the holidays?
- How can you help a friend with anxiety when you’re also struggling?
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.