Trump, whom Colbert referred to as the “insane clown president” in the monologue, allegedly demoted the doctor leading his administration’s vaccine agency. Dr. Rick Bright said the president removed him from the Department of Health and Human Services because he wouldn’t promote unproven drugs like hydroxychloroquine that Trump keeps touting to treat the coronavirus.
“That’s right, Trump fired a guy named Dr. Bright,” Colbert said. “He also let go Professor Smarty, Dr. Savior and Secretary I-have-the-cure-don’t-fire-me.”
“Apparently Dr. Trump is canning any medical experts just because they disagree with his random notions of health,” Colbert sniped.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place